"Mount Hunter is a siren. Its seductive song captivated me the first time I heard it. I have thrown aside logic and maybe even reason to try to climb it. I am not alone on this bewitchment" Scott Backes

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wind, wind and more wind.....

Been pretty blustery down here in BC. Infact it has been the strongest winds so far and the almighty wind gods might only be getting warmed up for the nights events. I look down to the other camps below and watch them all running around trying to secure their tents. Funnily enough that is exactly what I have been doing for the past hour. Securing all the tents, putting things away that might blow away... yeah the solar panels and all.. also been rebuilding things (well in fairness, I have been stealing snow bricks from Matt and Jons compound and using them to strengthen up the rest of camp..ie. my tent area.) My hands and face where being ice blasted a little while ago while getting the camera out and filming some insane wind.... totally numb!!!!!

While writing this, I got a call from Matt. Seems like wind wise it is not as bad up there, just getting little doses of spin drift blowing in now and again. But it might have something to do with being tucked away in the spot they have chosen, seems pretty sheltered. (See previous blog posting with picture, at least I hope the entry made it up successfully.... seems like loads of posts have not been successful, the satellite signal keeps dropping now and again without warning.

Anyway, although this wind, weather and climate is pretty hectic at times, I cant help but enjoy just sitting out in the elements being pelted by the wind and snow and feeling numb in my face and hands... and having a big grin on my face. Thinking, what an awesome job! Would not traid it for anything in the world.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment