"Mount Hunter is a siren. Its seductive song captivated me the first time I heard it. I have thrown aside logic and maybe even reason to try to climb it. I am not alone on this bewitchment" Scott Backes

Sunday, May 15, 2011

call from the boys

I just got a radio call from the boys. They have reached their objective for the day, they are now based below the Shaft which is about 2/3 of the way up the face. They did not have much time to sit and chat about their days climbing. The sun was setting on the wall and they still had to put up their porta-ledge..... was getting pretty cold, so just got down to the nitty gritty and had a quick chat about weather reports and the likes... There has been a lot of cloud this afternoon with a slight sprinkling of snow. So not the lovely warm late afternoon sun on the face that they might have been hoping for.

Otherwise all is good here in BC.

Dave

Pic 1. Arrow indicating where they are setting up camp for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment