"Mount Hunter is a siren. Its seductive song captivated me the first time I heard it. I have thrown aside logic and maybe even reason to try to climb it. I am not alone on this bewitchment" Scott Backes

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

And the BOYS are off...

Yes you heard me, after doing a 2 way radio to 2 way radio weather report, relaying the details. After about an hour of deliberation, Matt gave me a call back (9pm this evening) and told me that as it appears that the weather is only going to get worse. Both Jon and Matt have decided to leave their Porta-ledge within an hour and mission up tonight while they still have a chance of reasonable weather. The forecast for the 50 to 70mph winds is for Thursday and onwards... So far the nights have been fairly mellow, so hoping that the same applies tonight.

Best of luck to the boys... fingers crossed everyone.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment